GLOBUS 2021: Northern California's Finest (AL)
9 Day Tour from San Francisco to San Francisco
Southern California may be known for its stars, but northern California is the home of true legends. Despite the absence of paparazzi, you'll hear countless shutters click as you cruise across shimmering Lake Tahoe, enjoy a scenic tram ride through stunning Yosemite, and coast along Monterey's jaw-dropping 17-Mile Drive. From the hilly streets of San Francisco to the towering-tree-lined slopes of Sequoia and King Canyon National Parks, there are endless highpoints included in this nine-day tour through northern California. And low ones, too - including a visit to the Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards in the serene Sonoma Valley to see how their award-winning sparkling wines are made. Other stellar experiences to toast on this northern California vacation? Stargazing under the sequoias and bidding the moon goodnight in two signature stone and cedar national park lodges. Sweet dreams.
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Francisco||Welcome to San Francisco! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome drink.|
|Day 2||San Francisco||SAN FRANCISCO Guided sightseeing includes the Golden Gate Bridge and the Presidio, Fisherman's Wharf, and Union Square. Free time this afternoon before dinner in the city. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Lake Tahoe||SAN FRANCISCO Scenic drive across the Golden Gate Bridge.SONOMA Guided tour and tasting at [LF] Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyard.LAKE TAHOE Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 4||Tuolumne||LAKE TAHOE Scenic cruise on the lake. Scenic drive over Carson Pass across the Sierra Nevada Mountains en route to Tuolumne.TUOLUMNE Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 5||Yosemite National Park||YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK Scenic open-air tram ride includes views of El Capitan, Cathedral Spires, Yosemite Falls, and Half Dome. Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 6||YOSEMITE-SEQUOIA/KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARKS||SEQUOIA & KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARKS Guided visit includes a [LF] stargazing program this evening. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Monterey||SEQUOIA & KINGS CANYON NATIONAL PARKS Free time this morning. Visit to Lodgepole Visitor Center and General Sherman Tree.MONTEREY Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 8||Monterey||MONTEREY Scenic drive along 17-Mile Drive includes the Lone Cypress and Pebble Beach Golf Course.CARMEL Free time to explore Carmel-by-the-Sea.MONTEREY Free time at Cannery Row. Visit to the Monterey Bay Aquarium before farewell dinner this evening. (B,D)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in Monterey with a stroll through Cannery Row. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 9||San Francisco||MONTEREY Morning drive to San Francisco.SAN FRANCISCO Your vacation ends at San Francisco International Airport. Schedule departing flights after 1 pm. (B)|
- Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).